Based in Madrid, Spain
April 1, 2016
Press / Business contact:
At Vertical Robot, we are a small yet dedicated team of experienced professionals with a diverse background in the gaming industry. Our notable portfolio includes renowned AAA titles for consoles such as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow saga and Spec Ops: The Line, as well as successful mobile projects. This rich experience has provided us with valuable know-how in optimization, allowing us to deliver smooth, immersive gameplay in our VR creations. Driven by our shared passion for immersive storytelling and cutting-edge technology, we established Vertical Robot to explore the captivating world of virtual reality game development.
Despite our small size, we have achieved remarkable success, earning two D.I.C.E. awards and being named "Best VR Developer of 2022" by UploadVR. Our mission is to innovate within the VR gaming landscape by pushing artistic, technical, and creative boundaries. We focus on crafting highly immersive experiences that captivate players and showcase the full potential of the platform, while maintaining exceptional attention to detail, optimization, and a polished finish in all our projects.
Vertical Robot was founded in early 2016.
Red Matter 2 Trailer YouTube
Red Matter Release Trailer YouTube
Daedalus Release Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Vertical Robot, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Daedalus - Finalist for Game by a Small Studio." - TIGA Games Industry Awards 2017.
- "Daedalus - Showcase Award Finalist." - Indie Prize USA 2017
- "Daedalus - Nomination for Best Game Design." - Gamelab Barcelona 2017
- "Red Matter - Finalist" - Auggie Awards 2018
- "Red Matter - Nomination for VR Game of the Year" - VR Awards 2018
- "Red Matter - Nomination for Spanish Game of the Year" - Fun and Serious 2018
- "Red Matter 2 - WINNER Immersive Reality Game of the Year" - 26th Annual Awards DICE
- "Red Matter 2 - WINNER Immersive Reality Technical Achievement" - 26th Annual Awards DICE
- "Red Matter 2 - Nomination Best VR/AR" - The Game Awards
- "Red Matter 2 - WINNDER Meta Quest Game of the Year" - Road to VR
- "Vertical Robot - WINNDER Best VR Developer" - UploadVR
More information on Vertical Robot available here. https:.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Iñaki Hernández Gastañaga
Co-Founder, Game Director and Programmer
Co-Founder, Game- Art- Director and Technical Artist